The Student News Site of Chandler High School

The Wolf Howl

The Student News Site of Chandler High School

The Wolf Howl

The Student News Site of Chandler High School

The Wolf Howl

Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour” film drastically changes theater industry

The new Taylor Swift Eras Tour has recently blown up around the world, surpassing $100 million at the global box office in Presales alone. Not only that but advance ticket sales in the U.S. surpassed $37 million in the first 24 hours for AMC and Cinemark. Breaking AMC’s U.S. record, the highest-ticket sales revenue being $26 million. About 57% of the box office goes to swift and AMC’s distribution fee, with the other 43% going to theaters’ coffers, while the ticket sales are usually split 50-50 to studios and the exhibitors. This is beneficial for Swift, already knowing she made more than $1 billion in grosses from the Eras Tour itself. AMC also had benefits from its deal, too, with its theaters accounting for 40.5% of the domestic total when the market share is typically 22% to 25%. Though the theater company will get more in concession sales, promoting collectible popcorn tubs for $14.99 and cups for $11.99. The tickets for the Eras Tour were priced at $49 to $450, with VIP packages starting at $199 and reaching $899, though at the secondary market many of the tickets sold for thousands of dollars each. On the other hand, her filmed concert starts at $19.89 for adults and $13.13 for kids. 

More to Discover
About the Contributor
Viana Artuz, Reporter
Viana Artuz is an artistic sophomore in her first year of newspaper. A fan of Ghost Face and Michael Meyers, her free time is best spent writing horror and romance stories. In addition to being an avid slasher fan, she is also interested in artists like Frank Ocean and Kendrick Lamar. According to Viana, journalism is about sharing vital information with the public. Viana intends to use her writing skills to potentially become an author after high school.